Monthly Archives: November 2015
Join us for the December 7th ‘Lunch-n-Learn’ meeting at the Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherry Creek Road, Lincoln, NE click here for directions.
Dr. Matt Blomstedt from the Nebraska Department of Education will be speaking about educational issues across Nebraska.
Buffet lunch will begin at 11:30 a.m., with the program starting at 12:20 p.m. Meeting registration and meal are included with your membership. Nonmembers and guests are $20 per person.
Would you like to be a member of the Nebraska Agribusiness Club in 2016? If so, fill out the form below:
$100 –membership. Membership benefits: all networking and educational lunch and learn meetings, summer meeting/social, annual tour and one free lunch card for a guest. Fall social and annual banquet are NOT included, tickets will be sold separately.
***We ask that all members RSVP to all events to help with meal count planning***
Non-members pay $20 each for monthly Lunch and Learn meetings, summer meeting/social and annual tour.
- The club met seven times for Lunch and Learn networking and educational opportunities. Meetings typically are held the first Monday of the month at the Lancaster County Extension Educational Center, 444 Cherry Creek Road, Lincoln. Lunch registration starts at 11:30 am with the meeting concluding at 1:00 pm. All paid members received one Free Lunch Card to give to a guest
- A complete list of 2015 Lunch and Learn meetings can be found at nebraskaagribusinessclub.org Speakers from Nebraska Farm Bureau, Lancaster Event Center, Homeland Security, National Association of Farm Broadcasting, Nebraska Department of Economic Development and Nebraska Department of Education
- On the one-day summer bus tour, members and guests, visited Jason Carthel’s New Hope Gardens with Farmers Veteran Coalition and Homegrown by Heroes, toured Raising Nebraska Building and Ficke Cattle Company
- The summer meeting/social in August was during a Saltdogs baseball game
- The Club adopted a Cedar’s family for Christmas and held a social in November as a fundraiser
- Three honorees were recognized at the 49th Annual Banquet in November:
- Public Service to Agriculture Award: Doug Nuttelman and Dr. Chris Calkins
- New Horizon Award: Dr. Tiffany Heng-Moss
Tentative 2016 Meeting/Event Dates
January 4 – Lunch and Learn
February 1 – Lunch and Learn
March 7 – Lunch and Learn
March – Ag Week Activities
April 4 – Lunch and Learn
May 2 – Lunch and Learn
June – Annual Bus Tour
August – Summer Meeting/Social
October 3 – Lunch and Learn
November 4 – 50th Annual Banquet
November – Fall Social
December 5 – Lunch and Learn
Come join us.
Join us for our fall social a fundraiser for the Cedars Youth Services at Blue Blood Brewing Company at 500 South St #8, Lincoln, NE 68522 on Wednesday, November 18th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
There will be a social hour and buffet meal from 5:00 – 6:00, followed by a tour with a question and answer session from 6:00 – 7:00.
Please RSVP below by November 16th for meal count. Members and guest are asked to pay $25 each. All money will be donated to Cedars for Holiday presents for needy families.