The Public Service to Agriculture award has been presented annually since 1967. The award recognizes individuals who have made significant contributions to Nebraska agriculture and Nebraska agribusiness. See the 2011 Award Recipients here.
The New Horizon Award is an award that recognizes individuals 40 years of age and younger who are upcoming leaders in the agricultural industry.
Nominations for both awards are due by July 16, 2012. The nomination forms and more information can be found in the links below or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Guidelines are as follows:
- Up to two persons will be selected to receive the Public Service to Agriculture award at the annual banquet each year. Consideration will be given to selecting one honoree from theLincolnarea and one from greaterNebraska.
- Up to one person will be selected to receive the New Horizon award at the annual banquet each year. Consideration is only given to those individuals 40 years and younger.
- Up to one posthumous award may be presented, allowing for a total of up to four awards in years when this is done. The posthumous award recipient may be from anywhere inNebraska.
- Consideration will be given to selecting honorees that represent production agriculture, agribusiness and other agricultural organizations, including but not limited to, the areas of education and research, agricultural finance, conservation, marketing, news media, government and work with farm youth.
- Honorees are required to attend the awards banquet the evening of November 1, 2012.
- Award nominations shall be considered for a period of three years from the date of the nomination.